The MSP global market size is projected to grow to 557.10 billion by 2028. This growth is largely attributed to the soaring demand for cloud-based managed services. It is estimated that over 60% of organizations already rely on the MSPs.
The opportunity is clearly huge, but so is the number of competing MSPs like yours.
In a sea of managed IT service providers, how do you step out of the noise and convince potential clients to choose your services over your competitors? This is where MSP marketing agencies come in.
Are you a managed service provider or looking to start a business in the managed service space?
This article discusses the top MSP marketing agencies today. You will also learn why you should consider working with any of the MSP marketing agencies featured in this list.
Why does your MSP business need an MSP marketing agency?
Like any other business, no one buys from you if you are invisible to your potential customers. How will they know what you do? Do they even know you exist?
Remember there are 100’s of thousands of MSPs in the world. Standing out and differentiating yours from this high number is no mean feat.
In highly competitive environments, even the most exceptional providers must prioritize their visibility. In other words you may have the best services in the market but a lack of visibility will still push you to the back of the pack amidst fierce competition.
Another crucial aspect to consider is that while you may be exceptional in delivering top-notch managed IT services, it's possible that your expertise in marketing may not be on par. Because of this gap, you need the help of those who specialize in marketing, just as you specialize in providing managed services. But in seeking a marketing agency, you don't go for just any other agency in the market. There are specific agencies that offer services tailored to IT companies. They already have an MSP-friendly marketing infrastructure and understand what businesses look out for when searching for the best MSPs.
Here are five more specific reasons why it's significant that your MSP business works with an MSP marketing agency:
1. MSP marketing agencies come with expertise that is tailored for MSP businesses
The best MSP marketing agencies also understand the MSP landscape. They also have a strong IT background, which translates to rich skills to strategically market your managed products and services.
From listening to customers to understanding their behavior, experimenting with various strategies and determining the best marketing approach, they know how to attract customers to an MSP business.
2. A good MSP marketing agency will save you money
A marketing agency will essentially save you the costs you would have incurred to acquire all the marketing tools and equipment necessary for effective marketing.
They have already invested in sophisticated marketing tools and channels that would cost you so much if you were to do it entirely in-house.
3. A marketing agency will accord you access to valuable marketing resources
The MSP marketing agencies that understand their craft have done a lot of work fostering healthy working relationships with influential digital media and advertising services, such as Newspaper publishing and TV advertising services, which takes a lot of investment and time to build.
Plus, by working with a wide network of professionals and experts to whom they can outsource some services, they will give you a clear edge over your competitors.
4. A smart MSP marketing agency will set you free to focus on core business activities
Technology trends are already a sufficient burden for your business. What if you still have to worry about marketing trends, how your social media ads are performing, the next article for your content marketing strategy, etc.? You already have enough on your plate.
An MSP marketing agency will take over the complex marketing activities, freeing up your time and resources so you can invest them in your core business.
5. The best marketing agencies bring a powerful global reach
Reputable MSP marketing agencies have established an enviable global network and built relationships with key players in the world.
They are also familiar with the policies, trends and regulations in the global market. You can easily scale your business through this valuable reach.
If the above 5 reasons are not convincing enough, then consider the fact that the most successful MSPs in the world have achieved the status they enjoy today because of working with the outstanding marketing agencies. If you don't believe this, then do a simple experiment. Look at the most successful MSPs that you can think of (Google them up), and try to find out who handles their core marketing programs. You'll discover that all of them have dedicated marketing agencies that handle different marketing aspects of their business, or different regions. This is also true of any business. So if the best of the best are using this approach, is it then not obvious that there is something they know that keeps working for them?
Having understood why you need a marketing agency, let's discuss those that stand out from the rest. We have picked the top 11.
If you are just getting started or want to go deeper into marketing that works for MSPs, please go through our MSP marketing guide.
The top 11 MSP marketing agencies
Based on our evaluation, these are the top 11 MSP marketing agencies that you can rely on to position your business on top of the minds of potential customers.
- Tech Pro Marketing
- IT Rockstars
- MSP Marketing Edge
- MSP Launchpad
- eBride Marketing Solutions
- MSP Marketing Club
- Lemonade Stand
Find out why we selected each of these MSP marketing agencies.
1. Tech Pro Marketing
Tech Pro Marketing takes pride in its strategic approach to helping MSPs generate a full sales pipeline of qualified leads. The agency has achieved massive results since its founding in 2017, reflecting their smart approach.
They say, «The problem isn't ‘the market’ — it's your marketing. MSP marketing is no walk in the park, but with the right approach, you can generate leads and grow your business».
Why Tech Pro?
- Expertise: Tech Pro is strategic in MSP lead generation. They have helped over 100 MSPs in 36 states and 4 Canadian provinces.
- 30-day money-back guarantee: You can call off Tech Pro’s marketing efforts after a month since they have monthly contracts and a no-questions refund if unsatisfied with their services.
- Full service: Tech Pro's MSP marketing embodies strategic lead generation, a strategic marketing plan and a strategic website.
2. IT Rockstars
IT Rockstars is a lead generation program by Scott Miller that has helped over 300 managed service providers generate quality leads for their businesses through four key components:
power positioning content, a sales and marketing execution guide, a lead generation pipeline, accountability and authority.
Why IT Rockstars?
- 365 100% money-back guarantee: If you can’t find value in their solution within a year, you receive a full refund.
- Free Flight to IT Rockstar’s Super Summit: Didn’t get your investment back? You can attend an annual $500-worth of expert seminar under IT Rockstar’s funding.
Miromind has been in this game since 2008, meaning their services have stood the test of time. There's definitely something that Miromind does right, and that is why many clients from all over the world keep turning to Miromind whenever they want measurable SEO and content marketing results.
What's most unique about Miromind is that they take the goals of the clients and make them their own goals.
They buy into your vision and bring in the best mix of skills plus the right network to carry your message to the hearts of potential customers that you want to target.
- Miromind has worked with global brands as well as niche businesses, and has a perfect score in Clutch — 5/5. They have helped some clients increase traffic and leads by over 1500% in highly competitive niches.
- The agency runs a tailored SEO and content marketing program for MSPs that is delivered under the IT companies service category. Clients enjoy the benefit of a dedicated team that understands MSP marketing tricks.
4. MSP Marketing Edge
MSP Marketing Edge is a solution by Paul Green MSP marketing, which has helped over 600 MSP members to drive more leads and build better relationships plus brand recognition.
With the solution, you get to build multiple target audiences, build a relationship with the audiences and commercialize the relationship.
Why MSP Marketing Edge?
- 30 days free trial: You can experiment with the solutions for 30 days before committing to purchasing.
- Guarantee 1: You receive 100% if unsatisfied and can't find value in the solution within 90 days from the day of purchase.
- Guarantee 2: If you can't feel like you are progressing with the solution, you can let them know and receive 121 days’ attention from an expert to implement the solution.
- Guarantee 3: You can cancel your membership anytime if you can’t seem to make a difference from your competitors who do not have the solution.
Jumpfactor is an award-winning B2B marketing agency based in North America. It prides itself on growing your technology business five times faster than your competitors, with five times more chances of retaining customers than relying on referrals.
One of the MSP growth strategies that make Jumpfactor outstanding is having specific goals that can be measured within a specific time.
- Lead guarantee: Jumpfactor has a system dedicated to spearheading your lead generation path through proven strategies, quarterly priorities and a re-examinable marketing plan.
- Growth tactics: Jumpfactor promises to hold your hand through growth strategies so you can retain your customers. It’s listed among Canada’s top 500 fastest growing companies.
6. MSP Marketing Club
MSP Marketing Club is a private club designed to help MSPs to grow their businesses while generating leads through referrals. Though not an MSP marketing agency, it falls within the realm of agencies offering exceptional MSP marketing since the goal is to drive customers to MSPs. It allows members to be part of the team through registration.
Why MSP Marketing Club?
- Affordable: The first month of membership is a trial. You only pay £5.00, after which you pay a monthly subscription fee of £100.00+VAT.
- Community Growth: You have access to a team of professionals where you can brainstorm ideas, get together and help each grow.
- Lead generation: You have lifetime access to resources while getting leads through referrals.
Ulistic is a full-service MSP marketing agency that works with managed service providers with over $1M in annual revenue. One of the reasons it is outstanding is its resilience in remaining at the top of the competition for many years.
- Dedication: Ulistic has niched down to MSP marketing, a reflection of the effort and dedication that goes into your marketing strategy.
- Full service: Ulistic offers all MSP digital marketing services, from SEO to SEM and social media marketing.
Based in New York, JoomConnect has grown from its roots as an MSP to now provide marketing solutions to other managed service providers. With over 30 years of experience, JoomConnect stands out in its MSP background.
- Expertise: JoomConnect transitioned from providing managed services to helping other MSPs grow their MSP businesses. As they say, it is an MSP for an MSP. They understand the pain points of the MSP industry.
- Dedication: JoomConnect is dedicated to marketing IT, software and cyber security services.
9. Your Sales Energy
Your Sales Energy conducts marketing through extensive research on consumer behavior throughout the sales funnel to generate quality leads. They take pride in their REMIX method, which features a combined marketing effort for high-converting leads.
They are innovators who conduct extensive research on consumer behavior within their IT channel to differentiate between high and low-converting leads.
Why Your Sales Energy?
- Availability: The team is easily accessible and keeps you involved if you are not the kind looking for a hands-off experience.
- Expertise: With over 40 years of combined experience, you can count on them for results.
10. Lemonade Stand
Lemonade Stand helps MSPs generate leads through internet marketing. They work closely with their customers, updating them on what is planned for execution and the expected results.
Greg, the founder, launched Lemonade Stand after experimenting with his marketing efforts on his managed services until he achieved significant leads.
Why Lemonade Stand?
The agency’s approach to ad spend is unique. They spend a little out of your campaign budget to experiment till they obtain a positive ROI, after which they increase the ad spend for higher profits.
11. TRIdigital Marketing
TRIdigital marketing has generated over 230k leads through creative marketing solutions that communicate what your target audience needs to hear, converting them to potential customers and, eventually, customers.
Why TRIdigital Marketing?
TRIdigital believes in a marketing strategy centered around culture, vision, process and people to communicate who you are and what sets you apart. As such, you build your brand and grow a stream of leads in the long term.
There you have them. Give any of these agencies a chance and the results will prove our list right.
MSPs will continue to play a critical role, so claim your space!
Your MSP business can be likened to a doctor. You provide critical support that businesses cannot do without. Just as doctors diagnose and treat ailments to ensure the well-being of their patients, MSPs diagnose, monitor, and proactively address technological issues. This ensures the smooth operation of a business's IT systems, and timely response when things go wrong.
This critical role that MSPs play guarantees their permanence, while their significance amplifies as new technologies continue to surface. For example, we are now entering the era of Artificial Intelligence and it is increasingly apparent that many businesses would want to incorporate some elements of AI into their operations to avoid being left behind. To do this effectively, they require the help of MSPs to advise, implement, maintain and generally manage various aspects of such new technologies. And this happens all the time for different technologies.
You want to capitalize on these constantly growing opportunities by ensuring that potential customers see you as the right fit while existing ones see good reason to keep working with you. Meanwhile your competitors are not resting. So you need to find a marketing partner that understands the dynamics and has the ability to put your name out there to enable you compete effectively. We hope that this list gives you a good starting point.
MSP Marketing Agencies FAQ
What are MSP marketing agencies?
MSP marketing agencies specialize in promoting managed service providers (MSPs) through tailored marketing strategies. They understand the MSP landscape and are skilled in attracting customers to MSP businesses.
Why does an MSP business need a marketing agency?
An MSP marketing agency provides expertise tailored for MSP businesses. They help with visibility in a crowded market, saving costs by utilizing their own marketing tools, providing access to valuable marketing resources, freeing up your business to focus on core activities, and offering a global reach.
How can an MSP marketing agency help save money?
MSP marketing agencies have already invested in sophisticated marketing tools and channels. If you were to acquire these marketing tools and build these channels on your own, it would be significantly more costly.
What global reach can MSP marketing agencies offer?
Reputable MSP marketing agencies have established a strong network globally and have built relationships with key players worldwide. They are familiar with global market trends, policies, and regulations. This can help you easily scale your business.
How did you select the top 11 MSP marketing agencies in this article?
The top 11 MSP marketing agencies were chosen based on their proven track record, expertise in the MSP market, client reviews, their array of services, and unique selling propositions. These agencies have shown exceptional skills in promoting MSP businesses effectively.
Can I try out these MSP marketing agencies' services before committing fully?
Some of these agencies do offer trial periods or money-back guarantees. For example, Tech Pro Marketing offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, while MSP Marketing Edge offers a 30-day free trial. It is always best to contact the agency directly to understand their terms.
How can an MSP marketing agency help with lead generation?
These agencies use strategic marketing approaches, advanced tools, and their vast networks to attract potential clients, generate quality leads, and help MSPs convert these leads into loyal customers. They understand the behavior of your potential customers and know the best marketing strategies to attract them.
How does a marketing agency contribute to the growth of my MSP business?
By providing a tailored marketing approach, an MSP marketing agency increases your visibility, positions your services to the right audience, and ultimately, helps you attract more clients. They free up your resources to focus on your core services, while they handle the complex task of marketing, leading to business growth.